So here is the other award which I got nominated for by Jordan who blogs over at herpaperadventures. I had a lot of fun answering her questions which you can read below. The only problem I have with these posts is trying to think of my own (I may have stolen a couple)!
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
1. You’re stranded on an island, you get three books, which ones do you pick and why?
Avoiding the clever answers of how to build a raft and such, I think I’d pick survival (alpha force) because they were stranded on an island and survived and that would be nice to read about. Harry potter no reason needed. Game of thrones because its big and would keep me distracted and if I got bored of rereading it then at least I wouldn’t run out of toilet paper for a while….
2. What’s your favourite book you’ve read this year so far?
I think it would be crooked kingdom, which was actually the first book I’ve read this year, though a couple since have come close to toppling it.
3. What book did you think you’d hate but actually loved?
I’m not really sure why I’d read a book that I thought id hate, but a book that I wasn’t expecting to like that much… I liked angelfall a lot more than I thought I would. Also daughter of smoke and bone was probably the one that surprised me the most.
4. Do you have any pets? How many? What are their names?
I have a black and white cat called benji, unfortunately he doesn’t live with me, he’s at home with my brother.
5. What are your top three places you’d love to visit?
This is so difficult. If I was well tomorrow I’d pick three different places to if I could simply go to three places as I am. As is, I think I’d pick Berlin and Perth to visit two of my best friends and ….. I’m not sure about a third.
If I were well I’d want to go to Barcelona, Croatia and koh toa in Thailand as well but I wouldn’t go to any of these places if I was still sick.
6. Who’s your book boyfriend?
Ooh. I think I’d have to pick Eli monpress because things would never be boring.
7. Favourite kickass female character?
Talia from the poison eater. I mean she eats poison and survives and cut off her own hand to save herself so yeah. Pretty badass.
8. Who is your auto buy author?
I really don’t have one. I’ve never really paid attention to the author. It was only when I started book blogging that i even knew the names of the authors of my favourite books because I had to write them in my blog posts. At the moment I have a few VE Schwab and Maggie Stiefvater books on my tbr but even then, only the ones that appealed to me. I’d never buy a book solely on the author. I think the closest I’ve come to this is when I was younger and Anthony Horowitz. He wrote the Alex rider series, the gatekeepers (this is what good reads says they were called but I’m sure they used to be called the power of five) and the diamond brothers series which were all brilliant. I thought he could do no wrong so if he wrote it I bought it. That was until I read some short horror stories he wrote and had to sleep with the light on for a week. Lesson learnt.
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you pick?
Lanzarote, canary islands. It’s a Spanish island off the coast of Africa. We go on holiday there every year and fingers crossed we’ll move there in a few years.
10. What is a book that is so underrated bit you love?
I’m naming two, these are the two that I will always pick. They’re both first books in their respective (and freaking awesome) series. The thief by Megan Whalen turner and the spirit thief (the legend of Eli monpress) by Rachel Aaron. Yes okay, they are both thieves but they are sarcastic little geniuses that deserve an audience to perform to.
11. How many books do you own that you haven’t read yet?
About twenty which I’m sure some of you are thinking wow that’s really good but I’ve never been one to buy loads of books without reading them. This is a really high number for me. It’s only since I’ve gotten my ereader that this had happened because I tend to buy books I want whenever they are on sale so I can read them later. Before I only ever had three or maybe four books unread at a time.
1. If you had to pick one, what would you say is the achievement you’re most proud of?
2. What was your favourite book you read last year?
3. If you could visit one place and live there for a month where would you go?
4. What’s one thing you want to be able to look back on this year and say I did that?
5. Favourite book with an animal in it?
6. Where did your blog name come from?
7. If you could pick one craft to be suddenly proficient in/have all the supplies for, what would you pick?
8. What would be your top three places to visit?
9. What’s your favourite word?
10. What would be in a bouquet of your favourite flowers? Or would it all be one? Or anything of a particular colour?
11. What’s your favourite song right now?
Karin @ Anotherpieceofme
Liz @ Travelinretrospect
Kathy @ Sewing Etc
Emma @ bluchickenninja
Tash @ Thebookiemonster
Mrs Craft @ craftandothercrazyplans
Louise @ Geniereads
Heather @ Bits&books
Emily @ thebookishlounge
Maddie @ Storiesandspoons
I’ve tried to pick people who might want to do it (and haven’t done it very recently) but if you don’t then I’m obviously not forcing you and if there’s anyone else who does want to do it then I tag you too. I did another award tag a couple of days ago which is here so you can pick which one you would rather do. That one is a more simple post that asks you to say why you started your blog and give two pieces of advice. This one here is a little more time consuming though I had fun doing it.